CHANGING ORDER OF DISPLAYS:1. Right-click anywhere on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
2. Once Display Settings opens, there should be three “rectangles” indicated and labelled as 1, 2 and 3 (not necessarily in this order) as shown in the picture below.
Click “Identify” as shown.
3. Once you click Identify, a number will be displayed on each screen for a few seconds.
From left to right, the order of numbers displayed on each monitor should match the order of numbers shown in the rectangles in Display Settings window. If the order matches, then there is no need to change anything.
For example: Click Identify. If the left monitor shows “1”, center monitor shows “2” and right monitor shows “3”, then the rectangles in the Display Settings window must be arranged in the same order as 1, 2 and 3 as shown in Figure 2 above.
4. If the rectangles appear in a different order than the one displayed on each monitor from left to right, then the rectangles need to be re-arranged to match the monitor order.5. To change the order of rectangles, simple click and drag a rectangle to the correct position in the line to match the monitor order and click “Apply” to save the setting.
For example: If the left monitor shows “1”, center monitor shows “2” and right monitor shows “3”, and the order of rectangles are 1, 3 and 2, simply click and drag the rectangle 2 and drop it after rectangle 3. Click “Apply” to save the setting.
SETTING THE MAIN DISPLAY:
Make sure the monitors are in the correct order before proceeding to this step. If not, then please see the instructions in the previous section to re-arrange the displays.
1. To set the main display in Display Settings, first select the correct display rectangle matching the center monitor.
2. Next, scroll down and make sure “Make this my main display” is checked. If not, click the box to check it.